CLEAR AND CONCISE
The best stuff for good business writing – a 1-day in-house training programme
So you can’t take 2 days away from your desk, but you still want to do this writing thing better. OK, that’s cool. Here’s what we’ll do:
I’ll teach you what modern business writing looks like and how it’s different to traditional practices. I’ll take you through exercises to get comfortable with it, and you’ll look at your own documents with fresh eyes.
You’ll get a good awareness and you’ll practice applying new ways of writing. You’ll feel confident and re-invigorated to write well at work. You’ll even be able to save time and write less.
BUT. If you want to leave the room equipped to write EVERY kind of document quickly and skilfully every time, this course won’t get you there. We just need to be honest about the limitations of what we can learn in one day. Writing takes time. So if you want a higher skill level, greater mastery of good writing, AND time to work on your own documents under my watchful blue eyes, you need to do my 2 day programme. Just sayin’.
This course will change the way you write, through:
- plain language approaches—how to make your writing clear, simple, and understandable by a wide audience
- reader-centric tools—understanding your readers’ needs, and structuring a document accordingly
- most common mistakes
- I’ll work through exercises and then apply the principles to your own documents. Get expert advice and feedback from the writer-trainer!
- what is Plain Language?
- who uses it?
- why use it? (the benefits)
- active voice
- 1st person
- speakable Language
- sentence length
- focus on the reader for success
- putting yourself in the reader’s shoes
- what all readers want to know
- bottom line up front
- the dreaded apostrophe
- capital letters
- noun strings
- clean and tidy bullets
Wanna sell this program in your business?